|Field of Study/Program||Military Engineering/ Safety and Security Sciences|
|Level/Type of Degree||PhD|
Students in BSc Engineering must complete no fewer than 210 semester unit credits
Students in MSc Engineering must complete no fewer than 120 semester unit credits
Students in PhD Engineering must complete no fewer than 240 semester unit credits
|Study Option||Full-time / Part-time|
|Language of Instruction||English|
|Contact Hours (in total)||n/a|
|Duration/Length of Program (Semesters)||8 semesters|
|Program Curriculum||links to curriculum http://bdi.uni-obuda.hu/|
|Extra Degree Requirements||MSc degree, language exam|
|Degree Program start||Repeats every September and every February|
|Faculty:||RKK, BGK, KVK|
|Campus Abbreviation(AMK, BGK, KGK, KVK, NIK, RKK)||RKK, BGK, KVKresearch centres of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences (EK, TTK, WFK)|
|Address||1081 Budapest, Népszínház u. 8.|
|Faculty Contact Information:|| The head of the Doctoral School is Professor Tibor J. Goda (DSc)
|Brief Course Description/Objective:|
Courses are offered in the following areas:
Basic courses in Safety and Security sciences
1. General studies on sciences (Physic, Mathematic, Fuzzy-logic, Methods of research; Material sciences, Biometrical infrastructures)
1. Methods testing (Tests-method of materials and structures; explosive metalworking technologies, IT-technology, Critical infrastructures, Information technology and infrastructures, Mechanical and Safety Engineering, etc.)
Courses in specific areas of Safety and Security sciences
a) Materials and technologies
c) Metallic materials and technologies
d) Information technology
e) Information Security,
f) UAV systems
g) Fuzzy-logic, etc.
a) Biometrical devices and methods
b) Metal science and explosive metalworking technologies
c) UAV systems
d) Critical infrastructures
e) Info-communication systems and technology
1. Biometrical devices and methods
Applied Biometrics Institute (ABI)
ABI was established in 2011. Our objective is to research devices of applied biometrics at a high level of excellence based on the unique capabilities of our complex biometric laboratory. We also aim at elaborating an internationally recognized and renowned test methodology.
We realized there is a lack of independent testing and classifying laboratories worldwide, therefore what we do is test biometric devices, classify them and then publish our results.
We have established a world leading biometric laboratory in order to educate students and security professionals about biometric technologies and tests devices.
Meanwhile, we have done numerous studies and publications regarding different technologies and devices with respect to usability, efficiency and other factors. We also offer trainings for preliminary decision makers about biometric technologies.
We have established a professional workshop with the goal to introduce stakeholders, decision makers, security technology specialists into the world of biometrics. We also offer trainings at a high professional standard to provide an understanding of technologies and devices, preparing them to make cost-effective investments.
We have elaborated the methodology of biometric device examination enabling us to conduct inspections and tests in practice both for our clients’ requests and publishing.
We intend to accomplish worldwide acceptance of our methodology and guidelines. This will allow our scope of inspection to expand from biometric to various security technology devices.
Our objective is to provide service to our clients at a high level, making our institute an internationally recognized and renowned one.
Our main scope of research
• We offer classification of devices from our independent and professional laboratory.
• We have the brains to test all aspects of any devices: mathematicians, IT security experts, physical security experts, database experts, computer programmers, designers, etc.
• On detecting any risks and/or security problems, we inform our partners first and allow them the possibility for modification, communication, etc. before publication.
• We frequently present our results to security professionals at conferences and symposiums.
• We are resident presenters on Hacktivity conference each year.
• We work within the frame of our ethical codex.
1. Metal science and explosive metalworking technologies
Numerical and Physical Modeling of Manufacturing Processes
Technology planning of manufacturing processes, particularly where complex deformations of the involved materials arise due to mechanical, thermal, electromagnetic or combined effects can be difficult. We can provide model experiments and numerical simulation of the process, and detailed analyses of deformation, integrity, and performance. For an accurate numerical analysis, we can determine input material properties by broad mechanical characterization techniques with tensile, compression, shear testing, fatigue, creep, impact, and fracture testing, formability testing and experimental strain analysis. Our research activities cover intensive plastic deformation technique by equal channel angular pressing.
• Experimental material forming and testing laboratory: hydraulic press, excenter presses, tensile tester, Erichsen testing machine
• Finite element softwares: Qform, LS-Dyna, Abaqus, MarcRelated Projects
• Intensive plastic deformation by Equal channel angular pressing (ECAP)
• Strength of electromagnetically formed joints
The explosive metalworking technologies represent a new paradigm in the field of production of knowledge-based more components materials: Joining, furthermore plastic deformation of the materials can be carried out directly, by high speed, high energy shock waves. The explosive metalworking technologies are metal forming techniques that use the energy generated by an explosive detonation to form the work piece.
Explosive cladding is the name of the technology serving for manufacturing two- or more layers plates and sheets by controlled explosive detonations. This technology is a solid state process in which controlled explosive detonations force two or more metals together at high pressures, resulting in high quality metallurgical bond between the colliding surfaces.
Explosive tube forming shaped parts can be manufactured of metallic tubes using the shock waves as tools.
Explosive compactions are techniques, where the compaction of the powders or granulates closed into a metal tube are carried out at a velocity higher than 102 m/s. The high compaction pressures and velocities offer the possibility of preparation of bulk metal, ceramic and composite parts with high density.
• CSM Micro-Hardness tester
• Scanning Electron Microscope
• LD-DYNA software• Microscope
• Explosive chamber
• Project works
• Cladding technology
• Hardening technology
• Pipe forming
• Powder compaction
1. UAV systems
UAV and UAV systems are used worldwide in large-scale applications including both military and non-military applications. Development of the UAV and UAS systems in the past decade is enormous. Increasing need from the users of so high-technology products and other joint services is the motive of establishment of the UAV Cluster focusing on unmanned aerial vehicle systems with a broad spectrum of joint robotic initiatives. The Cluster will provide for the members opportunity to work closely to the industry. The existing economic demand on the accessible UAV services motivated colleges from universities, academic institutions, governmental organizations, individuals and industry representatives to join human resources, R&D infrastructure and teaching activities to develop products that are identified, designed, prototyped, engineered, produced, marketed and sold by cluster members.
• R & D tools
• Computer Hw & Sw
• UAV Development Labs
Related projects (but not limited to)
• Establishment of the UAV Cluster
• Establishment of the Training Organization
• Establishment of the Integrated UAV R & D Center
1. Critical infrastructures and info-communication systems and technology
Critical infrastructure refers to processes, systems, facilities, technologies, networks, assets and services essential to the health, safety, security or economic well-being of Canadians and the effective functioning of government. Critical infrastructure can be stand-alone or interconnected and interdependent within and across provinces, territories and national borders. Disruptions of critical infrastructure could result in catastrophic loss of life, adverse economic effects and significant harm to public confidence.Doctoral school is a forum for learning between different scientific and technological disciplines, and between business and economic, as well as between societal and managerial, disciplines in the area of critical infrastructures. Critical infrastructures are networks for the provision of telecommunication and information services, energy services (electrical power, natural gas, oil and heat), water supply, transportation of people and goods, banking and financial services, government services and emergency services.
Critical infrastructure is a term used by governments to describe assets that are essential for the functioning of a society and economy. Most commonly associated with the term are facilities for:
• electricity generation, transmission and distribution;
• gas production, transport and distribution;
• oil and oil products production, transport and distribution;
• water supply (drinking water, waste water/sewage, stemming of surface water (e.g. dikes and sluices));
• agriculture, food production and distribution;
• heating (e.g. natural gas, fuel oil, district heating);
• public health (hospitals, ambulances);
• transportation systems (fuel supply, railway network, airports, harbours, inland shipping);
• financial services (banking, clearing);
• security services (police, military).
|Admissions/Student Services||Mobility Department Óbuda UniversityH-1034 BudapestBécsi út 96/b.Phone: +36 1 666 5552email: email@example.com|
|Contact Information for Incoming firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Application Deadline||31 May, 6 January|
|Enrollment Information||ex: http://uni-obuda.hu/en/academics/application-and-admission/enrolment-inf…|